Strawberry ice cream
With a few supporting elements, any fruit can make a mouthwatering treat. There are plenty of recipes for turning less-than-perfect fruit into a frozen dessert. Big, juicy, fresh and ripe strawberries are perfect ingredients for an ice cream. They are sweet yet sour, bright yet lush and possess a signature aroma, with bittersweet tang from frequent crunch of seeds. A homemade strawberry ice cream tastes great just the way it is. Kids love the intense strawberry essence as it knocks them flat with bliss.
Does that inspire you? Here is a handpicked selection of recipes for budding chefs. They are simple and less time consuming.
# Recipe 1: Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream For Ice Cream Maker—
Ingredients: 1 lbs. strawberry (rinsed, hulled and trimmed), 2 cups whipped cream, teaspoon lime juice, cup white sugar (or sweetener), 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Dice and dump strawberries in a blender. Add sugar, salt and lemon juice to it. Mash the mixture for 10 minutes. Let it stand and repeat the process again, until it turns into a thick, smooth paste.
- Take 2-3 fresh strawberries in a mixing bowl and chop them into fine pieces. Return the blended strawberry cream to the bowl and chill. Whip it occasionally (until very cold) for at least 5 hours.
- Freeze this mixture in an ice cream maker. Transfer it to airtight containers and refrigerate overnight.
Yummy, isn’t it?
# Recipe 2: Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe For Lactose-Intolerant Folks—
Using rice milk as a substitute to its dairy cousin is an alternative option for folks who are allergic to dairy products. If you cannot resist the cold creamy temptation of strawberries, just try this recipe at home.
Ingredients: 1-pound fresh strawberries (rinsed and chopped), 1 cup rice milk, 2 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, cup sugar.
- Chop strawberries into small pieces. Transfer to a mixing bowl and toss with sugar. Add honey and let it sit at room temperature for an hour.
- Puree the mixture in blender with fresh lemon juice and rice milk.
- Chill strawberry cream for 2 hours. Transfer the mixture to ice cream maker and freeze it according to the instructions mentioned in user manual.
# Recipe 3: Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe Without Ice Cream Maker—
Don’t have an ice cream maker? Check this recipe!
Ingredients: 450 grams fresh strawberries (halved), one can of condensed milk (sweetened full cream variety), 200 ml whipped cream.
- Use potato masher to mash strawberries in a mixing bowl. Filter the smooth paste to remove seeds. Transfer the paste along with condensed milk and cream to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Chop 2-3 small strawberries into fine cubes. Keep them in a freeze safe container. Pour the blended cream on top and mix well.
- Freeze overnight.
# Cooking Cheats—
- Are you diabetic? Use agave nectar in place of sugar.
- Set your blender on “light puree setting” mode if you prefer to have strawberry chunks in your dessert.
- Use sugar-free, flavored gelatin for no-sugar, low-carb ice cream.
These quick and delicious homemade strawberry ice cream recipes are light on your budget. Just stick to the tips mentioned above to pamper your taste buds with the perfect dessert: creamy, smooth, free of ice, juicy texture and big on strawberry flavor.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.